Thursday, September 11, 2008

Is It Okay To Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

This blogs is one that makes me think about all of the teachers that I had K-12 and realize that most of them were technologically illerate. I then wonder what affects that had in my learning experiences. I wonder if I was deprived or robbed in someway. Like the blogger I remember hearing teachers say that didn't know anything about computers as if they were proud.
When I'm in the classroom I will make sure that my students are exposed to new technology. I will make sure that I get the resources available to me so that I can teach effectively and incorprate current technology in my class. I will also get the students involved in technology and resources. It is important that youngsters are not robbed of technologically education simply because teachers aren't willing to continue learning.

No comments: